Thursday, April 12, 2012

Kielbasa with Peppers & Onions with Red Salad on the side

Quick dinner for a busy night. 

Kielbasa
onion
green pepper
******************

Cut sausage into pieces, add 1/4 cup water. Cover and simmer till hot. Add cut up onions and green pepper strips. Put the lid back on the pan and simmer until vegetables are cooked. Remove lid and allow water to evaporate away. Once water is gone, dinner is served! 

Paired here with a red salad of kidney beans and fresh cut tomatoes with my homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette salad dressing. 



2 pounds of kielbasa for my hungry family.



Cut up and into the pan with just a bit of water. Simmer gently. Remember that it's already fully cooked. So, relying on how quickly you need dinner, use your own judgement.



Cut up the onion and green pepper. Yes, my peppers are already cut up and frozen. Quick quick! I certainly could cut up onions, as well.



The sausage is simmering, I'll start on the salad now. Cut up fresh tomatoes.



Add a can of drained red kidney beans. Mix well.



Add salad dressing, mix well. This salad dressing is posted separately here on FB.



Add a little sprinkle of parsley for color and it's done. I'll put it into the fridge until dinner is done.



The sausage is hot, I add veggies and re-cover the pan.



After a few minutes, the veggies are tender. I remove the lid and allow the water to boil away. Set the table, dinner is done!



YUM! A little carb on the side, I've chosen some rice-a-roni dish. A nice slice of Italian bread with butter and it's a well rounded meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment