Sunday, May 10, 2020

Poppy Seed Quick Bread

Great for giving as gifts or tea time! 

I use this recipe to make 4-5 mini loaves. I think they are about 8 X 3 inches. You can buy aluminum foil pans, or get the regular metal pans and reuse them again.

3 cup flour
3 eggs
2 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup oil
2 Tablespoon poppy seeds
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
*******************************************
Glaze:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange juice (I like to use lime juice!)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 Tablespoon melted butter
********************************************

Mix bread ingredients in order. Pour into bread pans (2 regular sized, or 4-5 mini), just take your time and evenly divide the batter between the pans. Bake 45 to 60 minutes at 325*F or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Remove from oven and spoon glaze over hot bread while it's in the pans. I like to poke the bread gently with a skewer to allow the glaze to penetrate.

This bread is delicious warm from the oven. If you are wrapping to give as gifts, be sure to allow bread to cool completely before wrapping.

Allow to cool.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of the finished bread. This was a favorite for playgroup or LaLeche meetings when my kids were little. 

This is the small loaf pans I use to make this recipe. Great size for gift giving. Use 4 or 5 of this size.
This is the small loaf pans I use to make this recipe. Great size for gift giving. Use 4 or 5 of this size.

No comments:

Post a Comment