Sunday, May 3, 2020

Roasted Eggplant

Something new to try!

I've only ever tried to pan fry eggplant, or put it into a stew, so this is something new. When I pan fry eggplant, I don't like the way it soaks up so much oil. I really just don't want to eat that much oil, even if it is quite yummy. So, I thought I'd try a different method in order to control the oil better. 

Eggplant, medium size so they are more flesh than seed.
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Parmesan cheese

What I did was just lightly, and quickly, dip the eggplant slices into olive oil and then place them on my baking sheet, with parchment lining, in case they wanted to stick. I peppered them and sprinkled Parmesan over them. I would also suggest a bit of salt. I didn't, but they needed it at the table. 375F (190C) degrees. Bake about 20 minutes or so until they start to brown. 



Slice eggplant about 1/2 inch thick. I didn't put much oil in the dish, on purpose. 
Replenish as necessary. 

Dip quickly into a flat dish of olive oil. You need to be quick. 
One slice of eggplant will suck up the whole plate of oil in no time! 

 A good sprinkle of black pepper. Maybe a little cayenne would be good to try! 

 A little Parmesan cheese.

 And then into a preheated oven.

 Just a little brown, completely cooked. 

The eggplant was a nice accompaniment for the mackerel fillets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment