Thursday, April 16, 2020

Smoked Sausage Chicken Soup


I was looking for something different to make with a chicken carcass... I didn't want to just repeat the basic chicken soup. So here's what I did. 

I started with basic chicken soup recipe: 


https://whats4dinnerbymarie.blogspot.com/2020/04/simple-chicken-soup_11.html

From there, out of necessity, I used vegetable bouillon, rather than chicken. I also added some frozen spinach.  I did pick the meat off of the chicken carcass, but in addition, I added two cut up smoked sausages. For a starch, I used pasta pastilles. 



So, to the original chicken soup recipe, these are the adjustments to make:

I used vegetable bouillon instead of chicken.

I added two smoked sausages, cut thin. And a handful of frozen spinach. 

One cup of pasta pastilles 

Here's what the pasta looks like before cooking. 

Here you go.... It's very tasty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment