Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pecan Fingers


5th cookie the series.

1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon water
2 cups flour
2 cups ground pecans

Powdered sugar for rolling

Makes 4 1/2 dozen
***********************************
Directions:

I grind my pecans in the food processor. If you find them already ground, they will be much more expensive than necessary. And grinding them in the processor is a snappy job, very fast.

In the mixing bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.

Blend in vanilla, salt and water.

Add flour and ground pecans. Mix well.

Chill dough until firm. I leave it in there overnight.

Heat oven to 325*F

I measure out the cookies with my small scoop, but even THAT is too large. I cut the balls in half and roll those into the fingers. They should be only about one and a half inches long. Place cookies on parchment lined cookie sheets.

Bake 14-15 minutes. They should just be barely browned around the edges. Allow to cool slightly. Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar until well coated.

I cut the scooped balls in half. They come out being two bite cookies. Anything bigger and they are TOO large.

Easily shaped in one hand. About 1.5 inches long. They puff up a bit while baking.

Two dozen per cookie sheet. :)

Roll them in powdered sugar after baking. YUM!

They will be a nice sugary addition to my cookie plates!

No comments:

Post a Comment